Tuesday 12 April 2011

When I was in Lithuania it was nearly impossible to find any events related to Korea. I'm glad that in London they have it once in a while. 
So if you are in London, looking for a night out full of Korean music, then you should be interested in this webpage: 


pic taken from kpop team facebook page
 those guys organise kpop nights in various clubs and information is posted on that site. They have facebook as well: 


The other facebook page that might be handy:


you will find the kpop events posted on there as well. Usually when you go to one of those kpop nights you have to say Simon's guest list at the door and the entrance is gonna be a bit cheaper :) Good news for the girls - if you come before 11 p.m you gonna get the entrance for free :)  Ok so that was just brief information for the ones who might be interested in attending those events :)

Now a bit about my own experience. On 9th of April it was ''Kpop Wondergirls Special - Easter Bunnies Special'' event in Area club. I really wanted to go there, but as usual it was on Saturday and I had to work (hahaha the irony about my situation is that back in Lithuania we had nothing like this and now that I am in London I can't go to any of those nights because I am working every weekend :/). Well anyways on that night I was determined to get out of my job as early as possible and check out what those kpop nights are all about. I didn't have anyone to go with me as my friends are not really interested in that kind of music and I would have gone alone by myself, but gladly there was one guy who agreed to join me. Well actually he didn't have much of a choice lol because I was really persistant (pathetic I know hahahaha). 

Anyhow, I managed to get out of my work at 12 and I was in a club at 1. At the entrance we all had to show our ID's, so don't forget to bring one, because otherwise you won't be let in. As usual in the clubs we got checked by the security (twice lol) and the security lady asked me if I ate anything before comming here, she was concerned that I am gonna get easily drunk hahahaha (come on I am from Eastern Europe - I can handle a lot lol). And a security guy was laughing at me while checking my bag, because I was just after work, so I had bunch of random stuff in there: clothes, shoes and even apples lol. Cloakroom cost 2 pound per item, so better be sure to bring a big bag, that you could fit all of the jackets, coats or other stuff that you don't want to carry around you while dancing.

Club itself wasn't fancy or smth, but I couldn't care less. As long as they played some kpop tunes I was fine with it lol. Too bad they didn't have any tables or booths to park our asses if we were tired. And the other thing - it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot inside (and by hot I do not mean sexy guys like Taeyang Jaejoong wannabes walking around... well maybe just a bit lol), but yeah it was hella hot, so half of the evening we spend dancing close to air conditioner lol. By the way if you want to buy a drink at a bar, be prepared to be patient, because it's busy as hell. Most of the crowd were asians, and there were more guys than girls (so no surprise they are letting girls in before 11pm for free, otherwise the night might turn out into ''guys only'' lol... (at this point you should've noticed that I use LOL too much hahaha)). Music was mostly r&b, hip hop, and some kpop (not too much), but I was not surprised actually, because in Korea it was pretty much the same. Clubs were playing either hip hop or kpop. Overall I had a great night, dancing to the songs that reminded me of the best time of my life. At one point I had a feeling like I was back in Korea (except there were no soju (or somaek), no noraebang afterwards,


no late night (or early morning) dinner/breakfast, no koreans sleeping on the street or all over the place and no crazy exchange students to make the list ''to do'' etc lol

 

 


So yeah anyways, I would be glad to attend more of those events. Hopefully I will. 
Huh having a job sucks lol. Hahahaha I need to find other job, just so I could go to Kpop nights lol :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment